Cami Smith, Content Developer: Fiber Greats
- Worked at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, D.C.
- Worked for Edmonds Community College, where she launched a new department that offered classes to support artists with business skills; found funding to offer national conferences.
- Opened a gallery and hosted a local television show all focusing on business skills for emerging artists.
- Currently in Orlando working at Full Sail University building relationships with the industry to find employment for students in the media arts.
- Appointed to the Washington State Arts Commission.
- Invited by the Chinese government to lead a group of artists and educators to tour the silk and embroidery facilities in several cities across China.
"I am a published artist working and teaching in textiles – felt, fabric, paper, paint, murals, book arts and collaborative projects. It is exciting to be able to help build this resource bank of influential artists work and words. It is critical to gather this information and make it permanently available globally."